Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #311
    Inactive Member Pocketime's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2003
    Posts
    322
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    RUDY, RUDY, RUDY!!! Great groove brother!! I think you sound great. Where did you get these backing tracks from? I have been looking for some cool backing tracks for my demo disk that I am working on. Let me know, and as always remember to "Keep It In The Pocket". PT.

  2. #312
    Inactive Member Pocketime's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2003
    Posts
    322
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Peter thank you so much for your guidance, encouragement and wisdom. You have no idea how some of the statements that you have made have helped me in my journey to be the next Poogie Bell only with my style. Thanks man! PT.

  3. #313
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Manu,

    Square? Sometimes, we play music
    that puts us in a box.

    I would need to need to hear you
    on some other things before I
    would conclude anything like that.

    In this tune, the 16th-note pattern
    is so powerful, you don't try to
    break from it and that's something
    that is tough, in this situation.

    To do it takes a conscious effort
    and there's preparation that can
    be done. Don't disparage yourself
    so much. That's a no-no.

    Now, maybe that fill could have
    been done differently but from
    what I hear you COULD HAVE done
    it differently. Yes, there were
    a couple of things (time-related
    hesitations) but that can be done
    away with. This was a rehearsal.

    Need to hear more of you and also
    how you're doing this. Are you
    trad? Are you crashing primarily
    with your right-hand? How hard
    are you hitting the kit etc. ?

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #314
    Inactive Member Manu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, that's kind of an old rehearsal in a NYC studio we did once. Then from a tape stereo that was transferred to the computer with a mic.

    I know my playing is so so in that tune, I do like what the guitarrist and bassist are doing, what do you think?

    Oh and I play matched, hit cymbals with both hands and hit not too hard not too soft [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

    PS: I'm in CA right now and not playing with that band anymore [img]frown.gif[/img]

  5. #315
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pocketime, thank you man! It's from dennis chambers CD 'serious moves'.I've had it for years, but never bothered to try it till now. Check the previous page of this thread, there's another one of these tracks that I linked to in a post to peter. Take that one pocket, and I'll upload another one at some point. The one I did and the one I linked to are actually the easier ones, the others are ****ing hard! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Manu, very nice playing man, keep it up! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  6. #316
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Listen. There's nothing wrong with
    what you set out to do with that tune.
    Like I said, sometimes the music can
    be a box and it needed a strong 16th-
    note pattern to pocket it, in my view.
    You did what was right. There may be
    just a couple of minor things that
    would have cleaned up easy and noth-
    ing to feel bad about, really.

    To play against that, you need to
    have somethings prepared. That would
    be easy for you. Let's hear some more
    from you Manu and again, let me hear
    about HOW YOU FEEL about it.

    I'll be back later...

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  7. #317
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Trust me, when I say a
    guy like Dazz wants that too.
    He is a sensitive player and
    what's more, drinks the best
    beer in the world.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL!! So I take it that you've visited England then Peter?! You can't beat a pint of foaming, nut brown ale... mmmmmmmm!!

    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

    I also appreciate your comments. You are totally right of course, I play and teach drums for a living, it's my job and if I didn't care about the music I make then firstly I wouldn't be true to myself and secondly I wouldn't earn a living from it as people wouldn't book me.
    I'm just grateful that I'm getting the oppurtunity to play with so many talented musicians and finding myself in so many diverse musical situations.

  8. #318
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now, if you tell me what soccer
    team you cheer for, that may rank
    you atop!!!

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Speaking the truth, Dazz!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  9. #319
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't talk to me about soccer mate - my team are letting in more goals than Stevie Wonder!! I'm a Spurs fan - that's Tottenham Hotspur by the way!!

    [img]graemlins/soccer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

  10. #320
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm tottenham too dazz. Haven't got a clue how they're doing as I don't really follow footie, but they've always been my team [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •